Assistant Vice President - Corporate Banking Finance
Overview of Company
Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for its international businesses and is a long-established participant in Asia Pacific with a presence since 1947. With 23 offices in 12 geographies, covering nine currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, the company offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Markets and Wealth Management, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
APAC Global Corporate & Investment Banking Business provides client solutions aimed at financing for growth, cash management, advisory and investment domestically and across the globe. Corporate Banking Finance focuses on cash management and financing products part of the business. We provide analytics i.e. client analysis, business performance metrics, cost of fund / net interest margin analysis, balance sheet trend, country profitability etc. for business to make strategic decisions. Our main responsibility is to be a strategic business partner and ensure financials are accurate.
- Profit and Loss and Spread (Client rate & net interest margin) analysis.
- Client and Balance Sheet analysis. Provide trend and commentary on significant movers.
- Quarterly Disclosures reporting.
- Performing forecasting and expense analysis.
- Working closely with Product, Sales, Operation, Local finance and Accounting Policy Group.
- Liaising with other areas on issues impacting finance.
- Working on ad-hoc projects for business, identify enhancement opportunity etc.
- University/College Degree Required
- FRM/CPA/CFA Desired
- 2 years' experience within product accounting environment or similar
- Knowledge of banking products
- Understand Asset / Liability funding concept and theoretical cost of fund methodology
- Qualified Accountant with working knowledge of international accounting standards
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Demonstrate ability to interact with personnel at all levels of a top tier financial organization
- Team orientated individual to contribute to group results and spirit
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer
Posting Date: 23/02/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40