Financial insight is a fundamental part of running our business. Where we choose to invest A&P, whether we launch a piece of NPD and how our brands are performing are key areas where this role will support, with analysis and recommendations, to ultimately help drive incremental profit to Dairy Crest. – Rebecca Payne, Finance Business Partner Marketing
Purpose of Job
- Business partner with the marketing team in providing analysis that helps drive key brand performance, with the aim of delivering category objectives..
- Responsible for all the financial analysis relating to marketing activities, for a specific category, including brand and strategic planning, providing category financial performance analysis and insight
- Evaluating NPD P&Ls and providing to drive the innovation pipeline.
- Delivers actionable insight for the marketers driven by robust financial analysis.
Nature & Scope of the Job
Finance Business Partner providing analysis to the Category team.
- Job Context – fast moving role with responsibility for analysing and providing recommendations for marketing finance activities. Awareness of the business environment and issues within the business are key.
- Problems Faced – Prioritizing varied workload and influencing a diverse range of stakeholders throughout the marketing and commercial functions through clear analysis.
- Interpreting data to drive achieve key brands performance with the marketing team to ensure we focus on sustainable results delivery, aligning to business objectives
- Responsibility for a range of outlooks of the marketing agenda, from strategic planning down to everyday financial issues to drive continuous assessment of the category health
For the Butter, Spreads and Oil (BSO) category:
- Business partner with the marketing team in providing financial insight and analysis on performance by Brand, for forecasts and Budget.
- Own the financial input into the innovation process, supporting fully the conception, evaluation and launch of NPD with robust and insightful analysis and recommendations and also contributing through attendance at project meetings.
- Work closely with the Marketing /Shopper and Insight teams to forecast Advertising and Promotional spend, ensuring accurate inclusion in the management accounts and monthly forecasts, including Budget.
- Finance lead on Integrated Category Teams (ICT) workstreams for the category, supporting cross –functional teams and ensuring solid financial support all aspects of the Category Growth Agenda.
- Financial analysis and input into the brand planning process, ensuring robust modelling and reasoned insight underpins the decisions made.
- Update key financial stakeholders with a relevant level of information on project status.
- Build relationships and work closely with the supply chain finance team, understanding the production process to aid central challenge of product costs.
- Bridge the gap between demand and supply ensuring latest, agreed, relevant volumes and costings are used in the decision making process.
- Take responsibility for the analysis of final product cost numbers which form an integral part of all NPD evaluations.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Part or Qualified CIMA or ACCA.
- Significant commercial acumen.
- Possess well-developed analytical skills combined with the ability to present detailed information clearly and succinctly to senior management.
- Tenacious and resilient with the ability to cope with a high workload and strict deadlines
- Able to work in a fast moving and high-pressured environment with changing priorities