3 days left
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds/corporate clients and following up with third parties, including investors and clients.
- Keeping the funds/corporate clients books and preparing the periodic funds valuations (Net Asset Value), year-end financial statements, monthly reporting deliverables and any other funds/corporate related reporting.
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end audits.
- Assisting in the organisation of board meetings and shareholders' meetings.
- Preparing periodic tax and GST returns and maintaining relevant contact with tax advisers.
- Acting as a contact person between shareholders, investment managers, and custodian banks for resolution of any issues that may arise.
- You have a bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics.
- You have completed or are working towards a post-graduate qualification.
- You have 0-4 years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund administration or a corporate finance role.
- You have knowledge of fund industry, valuation, accounting.
- A basic knowledge in accounting for investment products, ideally with Fund-of-Funds, Single-Manager funds, and Private Equity funds will be considered an asset.
- An understanding of securities commonly encountered in the fund industry, including equities, bonds, contract for difference, options, and futures, and the ability to account for these securities is preferred.
- A basic understanding of Australian tax and company secretarial compliance is preferred.
- You are fluent in English.
- You are committed to meeting deadlines and can work autonomously under direction.
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction (when appropriate).
- You are committed to joining a small but growing team and working collectively on the challenges that this environment presents.