Internal Audit Supervisor
The Audit Supervisor is the Lead Auditor on Internal Audit assignments and is responsible for the effective delivery of high-quality audit assignments to fieldwork complete and draft report stage, within the required timescale.
The post holder supervises and directs field auditors during each audit assignment Supervisor is the Lead Auditor on Internal Audit assignments and is responsible for the effective delivery of high-quality audit assignments to fieldwork complete and draft report stage, within the required timescale. The post holder supervises and directs field auditors during each audit assignment.
- Service Delivery:
- To be the Lead Auditor on: a broad range of risk-based audit assignments of a complex/ad-hoc and often non-financial nature; verifications of controls assurance standards; and a broad range of routine audit assignments.
- Develops and leads the execution of risk-based audit programmes.
- Communications and working relationships
- To work closely, building effective working relationships with Audit staff assisting on assignments. Effectively communicate expectations, direction and guidance to Audit staff.
- Keep the Audit Manager appropriately briefed at all times to include significant issues on the work being undertaken and any performance problems.
- Responsible as the Lead Auditor, for delivering audit assignment which comply with the Government Internal Audit Standards and documented internal quality standards.
- Responsible as the Lead Auditor, for ensuring each audit assignment is risk-based, good quality and delivered within the required time budget.
- Service Development
- Implement and suggest changes to audit policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the development and promotion of the audit service through daily contact with client staff and other parties.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the delivery of a customer-focused service to clients.
- People Management and Development
- Day-to-day supervision of audit staff allocated to each audit assignment.
- Providing on-the-job training to staff.
- Coaching and development of junior staff.
- Candidates must be part qualified with a CCAB accountancy body, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants or the Institute of Internal Auditors or be a qualified Accounting Technician.
Have at least two years internal audit/finance experience.
(b) Candidates must have worked as an internal auditor for at least five years.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
- Candidates must have good time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines whilst managing competing priorities.
- Candidates must demonstrate supervisory experience.
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
Appointment will be subject to a successful pre-employment health assessment.
The post holder can participate in the Health Social Care Pension Scheme.