Internal Audit Investment Management - Vice President
Europe, Middle East, Africa-United Kingdom-United Kingdom-LondonJob: AuditEmployment Type: Full TimeJob Level: Vice President DescriptionCompany ProfileMorgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.Department ProfileInternal Audit is responsible for validating whether the Firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm's internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards. Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firm's compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring, as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry. The team reports directly to the Board Audit Committee and helps verify whether the Firm meets all of its fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders, while adhering to corporate-governance standards and legal and regulatory requirements. Internal Audit comprises Business, Risk and Technology auditors. Business and Risk auditors focus on understanding the risks that the businesses face and the controls to mitigate those risks. Technology auditors focus on the application controls supporting business processes, including systems development, application security and entitlements, production management, and technology governance. Both groups are responsible for understanding, analysing and testing the controls to protect the franchise.Role OverviewThe VP Team Lead is responsible for conducting risk assessments for the Morgan Stanley Investment Management (IM) audit entity universe to help drive the risk-based audit plan. The individual will also be part of the team responsible for executing the annual risk-based audit plan to provide appropriate coverage of IM activities. Additionally they will supervise the execution of the audit plan within departmental methodology, policies and standards. Specifically audits from start to completion including detailed walkthroughs of key processes to identify internal controls, developing and execution of tests of control and substantive testing procedures for key controls, execution of testing, identification and reporting of issues. Further, the individual will be is responsible for preparation of regional presentations, for example to regulators or Audit Committee presentations.Primary ResponsibilitiesAudit Execution
• Execute the annual risk-based audit plan to provide appropriate coverage of Investment Management activities.
• Ensure execution of the audit plan within departmental methodology, policies and standards.
• Supervise audits from start to completion including the identification and reporting of issues.
• Involvement in scope determination, audit planning memos, developing testing plans, issue identification, issue discussions with clients and report writing. Audit Planning
• Manage RAMP process for business line and collect required reporting information
• Conduct risk assessments for the MS Investment Management audit entity universe to help drive the risk-based audit plan. Board and Management Reporting
• Responsible for compilation of ad hoc and periodic reporting to senior stakeholders, e.g. Audit Committees, Regulators, etc
• Liaise with ACDs and IAD Operations to compile statistics and narratives supporting content of presentationsResource Management
• Review resource requirements for open needs and selection decisions
• Identify staff for open needs and complete due diligence on decisions
• Facilitate discussions to resolve resource conflicts
• Consult Audit Coverage Directors on opportunities to optimise staffing
• Review change requests, support ACDs in reviewing options and identify downstream Operations: Participate in meetings with other Regional/Functional Business Managers and support and coordinate relevant initiatives and communications. Stakeholder Management
• Build and develop strong stakeholder relationships in order to provide timely management updates and support the production of Internal Audit reporting. QualificationsSkills required
• Internal audit experience ideally within an Investment Management space
• A proficient understanding of the financial services industry and the associated regulatory environment.
• Self-motivated, flexible and able to work independently with an eye for detail.
• Team management experience is idealMorgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.