Reporting directly to the CEO, the Finance Manager will be responsible for managing all company finance processes, contributing to financial planning and development. This role will be integral to the implementation of the company's ambitious growth plans. The successful candidate will be available for an immediate start.
The company is a leading student accommodation provider with significant operations in London and Brighton. The company is seeking to recruit a Finance Manager to be responsible for the Finance department and efficiently and accurately oversee the financial management of the business.
Finance Manager key responsibilities:
- Full invoicing process - authorisations, ensuring charges are correct, remittances, statements, applying nominal codes/taxes, and chasing outstanding debt
- Credit control, i.e. checking new clients and monitoring existing clients
- Banking and allocation of payments, including dealing with prepayments and accruals
- Weekly processing of BACS payment runs plus ad hoc priority and international payments/refunds
- Maintaining the petty cash book and processing staff expenses claims
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing reports as needed
- Communicating with clients and suppliers, setting up new suppliers/details changes
- Production of the monthly and quarterly management accounts pack
- Liaising with external accountants to prepare and complete year end accounts
- Management of cashflow and forecasts
- Production and analyses of sales reports
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Assist the Directors with the annual budget, planning and forecasting
- Assist the Directors with long term business plans
- Improve efficiencies and reduce company costs
- Drive the continuous improvement of end-to-end accounting practices
- Liaison with the Bookkeeper and Reservations Team to bring problem accounts to the attention of Directors, suggesting actions and dealing with the problem, which may include agreeing payment terms, liaising with collection agencies and attending court hearings.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in a management position in a business that aims to grow rapidly in the coming years. As a result, the successful candidate must be ambitious and looking to grow professionally and take on further responsibilities as the business grows.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Finance Manager, have proven people management skills, be pro-active and self-motivated with a persuasive and assertive personality, and with experience in credit control.
On offer to the candidate is a great working enviroment in a fantastic Central London location. The opportunities for progression are enormous.