A small construction company in Markyate (near Harpenden) are looking to recruit a Bookkeeper on a permanent full time basis. Busy and varied role paying a competitive salary of £25,000 - £32,000.
You will work alongside an Accountant and be responsible for Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger, Credit Control, VAT, Payroll and general administration and answering the phones when needed.
My client are a small Building and Construction company based in Markyate near Harpenden. They have been trading for a number of years and have a profit growth year on year. The owner and Director is looking to recruit a permanent Bookkeeper to do their accounts up to trial balance and assist with daily tasks. They are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper who is happy to muck in and is happy working in a small company environment.
- Reporting into a hands on Director
- Processing Accounts Payable. Processing and coding invoices
- Sales Ledger and Credit Control
- Payroll - inputting hours and dealing with queries
- CIS and Subcontractor payments
- Assisting the Accountant with other duties
- Answering the phones
- General Administration
- Must be a car driver
- Living local to Markyate
- A background in a similar role is essential
- A hard working and commited candidate who works well alone and as part of a team
- Ideally proficient with Sage
- Good communication skills
Whats on offer?
- A permanent Bookkeeper role for a growing business in Markyate
- Varied job role paying £28,000 - £32,000
- Stable role with a friendly company who treat their staff well