Assistant Management Accountant/MA with Payroll experience
This role as Assistant Management Accountant/MA with Payroll experience is an exciting opportunity for a candiate to have full responsbility of looking after the companys accounts and working closely with the Finance manager to achieve endless results and learn invaluavble skills.
Based in the heart of the City of London this top consultancy company work in a results driven environment surrounded by countless career progression.
This role Assistant Management Accountant/MA with Payroll experience invovles:
- Prepare the UK monthly payroll through ADP for circa 200 employees for authorization
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Analyze the month accounts payable listing and rectify any errors
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations and produce settlement files
- Prepare quarterly VAT return for authorization
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process meetings
- Support with tax audits and tax returns
- Support internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Support development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all relevant accounting tasks.
- Accountancy sector
- Start next week
- Temporary to permanent role
The succesful candidate Assistant Management Accountant/MA with Payroll experience will be strongly focused towards payroll as well as supporting and reconciling account balances, including the bank statement, maintaining general ledger and preparing for the month-end close procedures. The successful candidate will combine excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles which will help them to analyze the financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate will also have experience collaborating within in the finance team.
- Must have Payroll Experience
- Have at least 5 years experience in Finance
- Proven experience as an accountant in a global or international company environment
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures
- Good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Awareness of business trends
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Sage
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Candidates with started accounting certification will be preferred
An amazing opportunity for a candidate to progress within this role to be a permanent member of the team to work for a top consultancy firm.