Fixed term contract (9months +) opportunity for a commercial and progressive finance candidate to join a large PLC business with a strong technical mindset to support with a variety of accounting and financial analysis duties
My client is a PLC business with operations across the UK. The organisation can offer an unrivalled opportunity for a strong technical Accounts Assistant/Assistant Accountant to obtain excellent career development working in a fast paced large finance function.
The Assistant Accountant/Finance Analyst role will involve:
- Execute the following finance processes in line with pre-determined timelines and the financial controls framework submitting outputs to the Accounting Supervisor for review
- Opex & Capex accounting & forecasting
- Depreciation accounting
- Capitalisation of assets and monthly reporting
- WIP Management
- Ledger journals, accruals and prepayments
- Labour model & Labour Caps
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Cash forecasting
- Management Accounting Schedules & reporting
The successful candidate will be studying towards a professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA), have strong analytical, IT, Excel & Access skills and attention to detail, superb communication skills with the ability to liaise and work with all levels of staff/stakeholders. Possess an ability to work fluidly with data and across various systems e.g. reporting tools and a genuine desire to learn and develop your skillsets.
Highly competitive salary, career development, possible permanent employment, commercial accounting exposure