Assistant Accountant - Up to £27,000 plus Study Support - South Sheffield
Your new company
Your new company is a leading business in South Sheffield.
Your new role
My client is currently recruiting for an ambitious Assistant Accountant who is looking to progress their career. The role will be focused on providing support to the FD in preparing monthly and annual financial information, including management accounts and other financial reports.
Main Duties and Tasks:
* Assist Finance Manager in production of monthly Management Accounts and UK Finance Pack.
* Preparation of month end journals including accruals and prepayments.
* Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register.
* Assist in production of monthly Sales Reports.
* Update and Maintain the Landed Cost file.
* Maintain sales prices and update price lists in the SAP system.
* Maintenance of the UK Creditor Accounts on SAP.
* Assist the Group Accountant in the preparation of rebate accruals.
* Intercompany recharges and royalty payments, including reconciling the intercompany position.
* Assist in year-end reporting and the annual audit.
* Assist in the preparation of annual budgets.
* Assist in the preparation of quarterly reforecasts.
* Undertake stock reconciliations and prepare monthly out-of-stock and aged stock reports.
* Involvement in the ordering process.
* Input of supplier invoices onto SAP.
* Assistance in the management of control accounts.
* Reconciliation of the GRNI and GINR accounts.
* Manage the business's WEEE and packaging compliance.
* Monitor and agree energy and utility contracts with suppliers.
* Undertake Bank Reconciliations and other Bank-related tasks, including setting up and making payments.
* Raise Purchase Orders.
* Provide holiday cover for other key Finance Department personnel.
* Other ad hoc reports as required by the business.
What you'll need to succeed
* University Degree or AAT qualified; eligible to start, or have already started, a recognised accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
* Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office applications.
* Experience of using financial systems.
* Experience in SAP Business One an advantage.
* Minimum 2 years' experience working in a financial department.
* Manufacturing / retail industry experience a benefit.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
* Able to work alone or as part of a team.
* High level of initiative.
* Must be able to organise and prioritise workload.
* Analytical and proactive.
What you'll get in return
* Support in terms of funding towards your accounting qualification.
* Permanent opportunity at a stable organisation.
* Competitive salary dependent on skills and experience.
* 25 Basic holidays + statutory days.
* Westfield Health membership.
* Pension Contribution.
* Life Insurance.
* Charity events and opportunities to get involved.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.