Qualified Senior Accountant
Job Title: Qualified Senior Accountant
Salary: £38,600 to £50,200 depending on experience
Benefits: 24 days annual leave increasing with service to 30 days, Bonus paid quarterly, Share Scheme, Non-contributory Pension Scheme 10%, Private Medical Insurance, Dental and Vision Scheme, Life Insurance
Location: Solihull, West Midlands
Hours: Full Time - 37.50
Travel: 5% to include Global
Relocation/Sponsorship: Not supported with this role
Closing Date: Wednesday 30 October
Job Reference: 190008GO
Cat Financial with the backing of parent company, Caterpillar Inc. offer a wide range of finance solutions to customers and Cat® dealers for Cat® machinery and engines, Solar® gas turbines and other equipment and marine vessels. We provide financial solutions and service excellence to help our customers make progress possible, every day.
As a Senior Accountant, you will assist the Accounting Manager in carrying out the legal entity financial reporting and accounting responsibilities
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Reporting under US GAAP
- Prepares internal management reports with appropriate analysis and comments, such as the significant figures report and income statement variances reports.
- Submit month end portfolio reports for local and head office requirements
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliations for complex ledger accounts and reviews reconciliations of lower complexity accounts prepare by other team members
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts to conform to Local GAAP accounting standard requirements
- Coordinates activities for audit reviews performed by the internal and external auditors.
- Prepares and submits relevant tax schedules as required for US Tax / Local country tax / VAT
- Manage and control the integrity of General Ledger to sub-systems subledgers for the company lease & loan portfolio
- Manage the Accounting system including resolving system issues to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Review and approval of various documents which include : Journals / Bank Payments / Invoices / Cash Management
NB. The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Skills, experience & qualifications you will have;
- ACCA or ACA, CIMA Qualified.
- Experience of Statutory Accounts, US GAAP/IFRS/UK GAAP (Local GAAP), account reconciliation and month end reporting.
- Proactive and uses own initiative to work independently.
- Ability to work with multi-currency (multiple currency exposures) and forex reporting.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Attention to detail and can meet tight deadlines.
- Organised, prioritises work and used to working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ingenuity and innovation.
Skills, experience & qualifications you may have;
- A Degree in Accounting or a relevant business discipline
- US GAAP and/or Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the financial accounting activities of a multinational organisation.
- Financial Services experience
- Oracle system experience
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.