Your new company
I am currently recruiting for an interim Systems Accountant to work for this rapidly growing business based in Romford. Ideally seeking a senior level accountant who can lead and manage the full project and help streamline the companies core accounting and finance processes.
- Review the current Finance system and processes.
- Identify and then implement a business management solution that will automate manual activities, eliminate duplication of effort and shorten the time to achieve an accurate financial close.
- Drive the automation of data capture, analysis and reporting; ensuring data integrity.
- Ensure that strong finance controls are built into the future system and processes
- Support the key finance team members on the project during design, testing and post-go-live
- Manage the cut-over of finance data
- Develop improved reporting from financial systems
- Support the finance team with training and advice on how to make the best use of finance systems
Experience: Must haves:
- A strong financial education - ACA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent).
- A strong blend of financial and systems experience.
- An experienced systems accountant with a track record of developing systems to improve efficiencies and controls across a business.
- A demonstrable track record of process mapping, systems automation and driving efficiencies
- Strong Excel modelling skills and report writing skills.
- Proven track record of successfully working with a range of senior stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes
- Proven ability to work with minimal resource to create a high-quality finance function and broader operational platform
- A track record which demonstrates a balance between technical know-how and commercial pragmatism
Nice to haves:
- Prior experience of working in a business providing services to the Financial Services industry and/or a business with a complex distribution network would be beneficial
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.