Temporary to permanent Payroll Manager position in Sheffield to start ASAP.
Your new company
A brand new public sector organisation in Sheffield is looking for an experienced Payroll Manager to support their continued growth.
Your new role
Your new role as Payroll Manager will be to continue to support the growth and development of the organisation by continuously improving the payroll cycle, liaising with internal stakeholders and implementing any necessary changes.
You will provide clerical and administrative oversight to the payroll function in the operation of running of multiple weekly, 4 weekly and monthly payrolls.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
* Complete management oversight of a payroll team; processing of overtime, allowances, expenses and mileage claims.
* Recording and monitoring of Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity and Statutory Paternity pay.
* Processing of voluntary deductions.
* Update of bank details changes from employees & processing of tax forms.
* Perform internal checks on data processing.
* Respond to pay related queries from employees and Managers.
* Provide cover for other team members during period of annual leave or sickness.
* Dealing with Human Resources and Pensions Administration.
* Monitoring of emails in excess of 1000/month.
* Manual extract of VAT Values from expenses receipts.
* Weekly filing and archive of payroll documents.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and qualifications:
* 5 years' experience within Payroll Management.
* Friendly and adaptable with the ability to multi task and work to tight deadlines.
* Flexibility around working hours required at peak processing.
* Attention to details and accurate data entry required.
* Excellent communication skills at all levels.
What you'll get in return
A flexible working week around 37.5 hours, great modern office environment and supportive team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.