A rare opportunity to join the Public Sector and Government in a unique Management Accountant role for a 12 month period.
This local branch in the Public Sector and Government, is looking for an experience Management Accountant that is immediately available to join them for a 12 month period to assist on a project. Joining a stable team there is room for growth and for a longer term role, based on performance in initial contract. Based in Bedford, they are easily commutable to any located locally or in Milton Keynes, Luton or the surrounding area.
The Key responsibilities for the role of Management Accountant are:
- Support the Finance Manager in preparation of site and consolidated region-level monthly management accounts.
- Working as part of a reporting team to deliver on-time, accurate and understood monthly management accounts for the business.
- Financial Forecasting and Strategic Planning - continuous drive to improve processes
- Monthly reconciliations including posting and analysis
- Working alongside budget managers to improve processes and explain finances
- Using non-financial data alongside budgets to aid with forecasts
- Analysis of monthly financial data, identifying trends and anomalies to increase the accuracy of reporting.
- Provision of accurate reporting packages for management - including KPIs (both financial and non-financial), key deliverable and various financial reviews.
- Ad-Hoc Responsibilities
The Successful candidate for the role of Management Accountant will be:
- Part Qualified (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) or qualified AAT or QBE
- Proficiency in Excel is required - Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS
- Extensive knowledge of management accounts
- Management/supervisory experience of junior finance staff
- Proven track record of business partnering internally and externally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to multi-task
- Team Player
A unique and varied Management Accountant role looking for an Immediate starter that is located in the Bedford area.