CFO - Manufacturing
CFO Vacancy - Up to £150,000 depending on experience with a leading manufacturing firm in Sheffield.
Your new company
This is an outstanding CFO opportunity with a market leading worldwide presence within the metals manufacturing industry. The products are covered throughout the supply chain from basic material to complete finished product.
Your new role
A key position within this c.£90m t/o organisation, you will be CFO of this outstanding organisation, providing strategic financial and commercial management for the regional operating business.
You will manage the financial formalities and processes for the group Headquarters, whilst overseeing all aspects of financial, management, treasury and tax reporting.
You will have full responsibility for providing strategic financial guidance to the UK Operations CEO and the Supervisory Board in budgeting, forecasting and development of the business.
- Lead and directs the UK Operations financial, budgeting, business planning & controlling functions and manage the financial formalities and processes within the group headquarters.
- Provides strategic financial oversight to the UK Leadership Team to help drive business performance and informed decision making
- Responsible for administering the financial strategy. Plans, organises and directs all finance activities and policies, including the management of accounting, planning, treasury, internal audit, cost control and investment studies and analysis.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and cost management in alignment with the UK and Business Segments Strategy
- Ensures all financial record systems are maintained in line with GAAP
- Oversees the preparation and approval of UK legal entities financial statements and ensures all statutory reporting requirements are met.
- Consults with and provides governance regarding financial statements and regulatory reporting requirements in the UK for finance and tax.
- Establish relationship with Business Segments, other Regions and all Functions to implement a value adding Finance function driving collaborative ways of working
- Establish a strong relationship with the financial auditors and statutory bodies
- Co-operate with group Treasury and manage UK cash flow.
- Manage and coordinate all local Finance & Controlling personnel and work streams
- Develop people strategy in accordance with global business strategy
- Establish succession planning, people development and staffing in cooperation with HR
- Responsibility for Finance, Commercial Project Management, Business Administration team and IT teams.
- Line management of 5 direct reports & 29 indirect reports. Direct reports include Head of Accounting, Head of IT and 3x BU FDs
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a comprenesive understanding and appreciation of international businesses, with historic competency around international capital projects.
You will also have excellent leadership skills with a diverse management style.
- A comprehensive understanding of Finance and Accounting within the UK
- Professional qualification (Chartered Accountant or Equivalent)
- Experience of working within an international group and cross border EPC projects, or products within heavy industry
- Managing diverse team in multiple UK locations.
- Strong leadership
- Experience within a capital projects environment would be an advantage
What you'll get in return
- Up to £150,000 per annum basic salary
- Up to 35% bonus - business related
- £7,500 car allowance
- Matched pension up to 10%
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Family healthcare package with Aviva
- 6x death in service cover
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.