Assistant Management Accountant
The Assistant Management Accountant role is primarily to assist in the preparation of monthly Management Accounts for my client and their different sections. The new Assistant Management Accountant will be requirement to provide and develop detailed and accurate weekly and monthly reporting.
Our client is in the retail industry. The clients company is warm and welcoming, many of the future colleagues have been with the business for a number of years, and the business has a good record of developing people, for example both the Finance Director & Finance Manager progressed from more junior roles within the finance team. They are looking for someone who can combine the ability to roll their sleeves up and muck in with colleagues in junior roles at busy periods, but who can also be authoritative when required and is comfortable handling queries and supporting other team members.
- Assisting the FP&A Analyst in the production of periodic management accounts for Retail arm of the business
- Management reports at month and year end
- Reconcile bank accounts on a daily basis and investigate any differences with the stores/ecommerce teams
- Analysis and explanation of variances to forecast across cost areas including head office central costs and payroll
- Finance support and reconciliation of B2B and Returned Stock clearance processes
- Preparation of period end accruals and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting the business functions (retail, marketing etc) in the preparation of Budgets and Forecasts for expenditure
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT return
You may be someone who has significant experience within transactional finance and has begun to become involved with some management accounts work, which you would like to gain further exposure to. A candidate of this type may well be studying or have studied their AAT, or be looking to register to study CIMA or ACCA. This kind of candidate will find they have a tremendous opportunity to grow with the business, and your role can develop in line with your increased knowledge over the coming years.
If successful with the Assistant Management Accountant role in the Wood Green area you will be given full study support to progress within yourself.