Group Head of Development Finance and Programme
We’re looking for a customer-focused individual with energy, experience and a strong sense of purpose to join us as a Group Head of Development Finance and Programme.
The UK has a housing problem. This affects every one of us, because housing is the foundation of the society we live in. Catalyst is part of the solution. You could be too.
One of the UK’s leading housing associations, Catalyst is here to make a purposeful difference by providing housing solutions for those who can’t afford a home without our help. We offer a wide range of homes, for rent, part ownership or purchase. By doing so, we build more than homes – we build communities.
We’re always seeking to understand, challenge ourselves and drive change. If you are too, read on.
You will report into the Director of Corporate Finance, with a dotted line to our Group Development Director as their financial lead. Your understanding of development and sales, alongside your desire to get under the skin and into the detail, will ensure you can challenge assumptions, identify trends and key risks, and at all times be fully aware of market intelligence. You will:
- be expected to provide a robust and independent overview of whole programme reporting, creating dashboards and reports to provide the development directorate, executive team and board with oversight of development and sales and key risks.
- ensure the robustness of scheme and programme performance measures and monitor success against them
- collaborate with colleagues to ensure understanding of the wider cashflow implications of decisions as well as working with colleagues to ensure accurate development & sales reporting.
- build effective relationships and be committed to delivering outstanding customer service in a customer-centric way throughout the development, sales and finance functions.
- You are passionate about leading teams to deliver an excellent customer experience by being easy, reliable and empathetic in the way they deal with customers and colleagues.
- work relentlessly to identify and remove pain points and consistently lead others to do the same.
- You’ll deliver easy, reliable, empathetic service to your internal and external customers, by seeking to understand fully your customers’ needs, identifying and working to remove pain points, and always doing what you say you will
- ACA or CIMA qualified with previous industry experience
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of MS Office and Excel in particular
- Managing and developing a team of staff
- Become fully active senior manager and partner for development and sales teams across the Group, supporting the delivery of a Growth Strategy and a clear understanding of performance.
- You will become a fully active senior manager and partner for development and sales teams across the group.
- You may be required to attend Board and Committee meetings.
We're a Sunday Times top 100 Best Company to Work for and offer competitive salaries, an impressive range of benefits including a generous pension plan, and family-friendly policies. You'll also enjoy concerted career development support and a great social environment.
We invest a lot of time and resources in our people because we know it’s our people who will drive our success. If you’d like to join us, and help make a real difference, please get in touch.
The role is subject to a basic check.
Please note completed pre-employment forms must be included in order for your application to be processed.
Closing date: 21st October 2019