Interim Finance Manager
Our client's department with a requirement for 'Finance Manager' are responsible for PURP - profit in stock accounting, and this role provides assistance during an anticipated busy period. This is an attractive role with a major employer and lucrative day-rate.
A FTSE listed organisation based in Cambridge
* Provide first-line support and oversight to the PURP (Provision for UnRealised Profit) accountant, including the review of key schedules and reconciliations, investigation of differences and communication with stakeholders.
* Support the GCM and HTA&C in the month-end close process - this may include ad-hoc review/analysis and/or BAU activities.
* Lead the monthly feedback and performance reporting process with Group Finance Services (GFS).
* Key role in the preparation and review of the Annual Report and 20-F.
* Assist with review of the quarterly earnings release.
* Lead role in managing matters with the external auditor throughout the year to ensure a successful year-end audit.
* Assist with activity relating to the SOx reporting timetable to ensure all key deadlines are met/work performed.
* Advise on reporting treatment and provide other practical support as required by reporting units.
* Support GFR's consolidation continual improvement process, sharing best practice amongst the team and the wider finance community.
* Qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA - QBE will be considered)
* Knowledge of PURP (Provision for Unrealised Profit) is essential
* Exposure to multi-national organisations
* Significant experience of financial statement preparation and external audit
* Understanding of consolidation mechanics and systems/tools, preferably hyperion.
* Experience of reporting under IFRS
* Proven leadership and coaching skills
* Experience of financial control and SOx frameworks
* Proven delivery in a large and complex business
* Focuses On Delivery - applies experience and expertise to ensure objectives are met even when under pressure.
* Problem Solving & Decision Making - able to identify, analyse and offer other solutions to complex problems.
* Leadership & Development - excellent team working
6 month assignment +