An exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to be a part of a growing Property and Housing business in Peterborough who would be able to provide career growth and development. As Accounts Assistant you will have responsibility for the smooth running of the purchase ledger alongside ensuring the detailed and accurate processing of the payment runs. You will assist with the continued improvement of the internal systems and processes.
A fast growing Property and Housing business in Peterborough that have exciting development plans to expand past their current Peterborough location. Able to provide excellent working facilities the candidate will sit within an experienced finance team which will aid their career growth and development.
The Accounts Assistant would be responsible for:
- Processing paper and e-invoices and credits
- Arranging approval for payments and running the payment run process
- Setting up and checking payment runs
- Dealing with telephone and email queries from suppliers and subcontractors, and the wider business
- Reconciling supplier statements and resolving reconciling items
- Assisting the Head of Finance with development of internal processes and systems
- Assisting with the production of business accounts
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant will be:
- Actively pursuing their AAT, or seeking to study
- Able to work to deadlines and to adapt to changes
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of Accounts Payable operation
- Intermediate Excel knowledge
- Reconciliation experience
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant position will be joining a growing business in the Property and Housing sector who would be able to provide continued growth and development with the role alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.