Enterprise Risk Advisor- FTSE 250
Will aid the UK Head of Risk and Internal Audit in the communication of the company Enterprise Risk Management policy, objectives and expectations. Will support the Strategic Business Units with the identification and reporting of strategic and material business risks and associated control environment.
The client is a leading international infrastructure group, and a FTSE 250 company. Shaping the future for over a century, they are passionate about creating infrastructure, supporting communities and enabling growth. Consequently, the business has a collective commitment to operate sustainably and safely wherever they operate.
Since 1909, they have grown globally, operating in emerging and established economies alike. They are one of the few companies with the skills to deliver large scale complex projects, whilst benefiting from the growth in long-term infrastructure markets. In short, they finance, develop, build and maintain the vital infrastructure that we all depend on.
- Assist in developing effective Enterprise Risk Management
- Develop and maintain the tools supporting the delivery of Enterprise Risk Management.
- Promote business focus on Enterprise Risk Management through all areas of the business (including external parties).
- Help ensure Enterprise Risk Management is a fundamental element of the culture, processes and controls designed and implemented across the UK Business Management Systems.
- Work with all business units to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities within the business through providing strategic level support.
- Provide Enterprise Risk Management advice to all business units and UK Functions.
- Collaborate with the US Risk team as appropriate to deliver consistent approach to Risk.
- Works closely with the with the Internal Audit, Operational Audit teams and the Head of Group Risk and Assurance Reporting in maintaining a consistent approach to risk management across the company.
- Production of appropriate reports and management information for Divisions and Group.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Has experience in Enterprise Risk Management.
- Is able to work in teams as well as on individual projects.
- A self-starter who can manage their own time and proactively seeks and executes activities.
- Has good interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels of management.
- Pays attention to detail and will see tasks through to completion.
- Can deliver reports orally and written in an objective and persuasive manner.
- Excellent IT skills: in particular Advanced Excel and Report writing skills.
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
- Qualifications in Risk and Opportunity Management.
- Has knowledge of the principles contained in ISO 31000.
- Experience in the delivery and review of qualitative and quantitative Risk Assessment and profiling.
- 42-50k base salary.
- City of London base.
- Opportunity for 20% overseas travel.
- Opportunity to work in a FTSE 250 company.
- Opportunity to work in an established, ethical and sustainable company.
- Opportunity to move within the company into core finance or operations.