Risk Analyst- leading multinational company
Supporting the Group Risk Manager in assessing customer creditworthiness and KYC status. Developing relationships with internal stakeholders as well as with the Group subsidiaries overseas.
Our client is part of one of Japan's leading multinational companies. However, they are run independently and operate a network of companies and branch offices across Europe as part of the Group. Hence, their integrated resources provide a powerful platform for product development, marketing and logistics in the agriculture sector.
Specifically, our client is a chemical company specialising in the development and distribution of technically advanced agricultural products including plant protection products, fertilizers and seeds.
Their headquarters are in London, managing our client's network of companies and branch offices based in France, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Russia.
Our client is committed to the further expansion of its network through direct investment and joint ventures, utilizing their core strengths of high-quality market and technical knowledge, combined with long-term relationships with key decision makers in agriculture which are built on trust and shared values.
Our client is working with us to recruit a Risk Analyst who is experienced in finance, credit risk, operational risk management as well as market risk.
- Support in preparation of Group annual business plan for risk management related issues.
- Coordination with internal stakeholders - being a professional business partner to subsidiaries and communicating sound credit opinions in a convincing, understandable and concise manner. Ability to find innovative solutions which address risk reduction whilst responding to commercial requirements
- Credit assessment - analysing credit worthiness and KYC status of customers across Group in order to recommend appropriate credit limits and managing credit support where necessary. Regular renewal and continuous monitoring of customer status.
- Credit reporting and control - monitoring credit exposure and risk measures and anticipation and management of breaches and exceptions. Pro-actively assessing exposure and the impact of potential transactions to provide an advisory role to subsidiaries.
- Being able to identify trends and key topics and communicate recommendations to management in a clear, precise and concise manner.
- Good understanding of the key elements of Credit Risk Management with credit and exposure assessment experience from a commodity trading or banking environment.
- Knowledge of Agro markets and types of products and their risks is a plus.
- Experience of commercial lending and derivatives markets would be viewed favourably.
- Creativity in solution finding and thinking dynamically.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Written presentation skills, with high attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills. Advanced Excel skills would be an advantage.
- Reactivity and organisational skills regarding systems and request management.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new skills.
- Pro-active in achieving results.
- Able to cope with rapid business development and pressurised environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to produce accurate credit papers, coherent recommendations and reports within very tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable 3+ years' experience in a credit role either within a company, bank or rating agency.
- Experience of and familiarity with the chemicals/commodity markets is an advantage but not a necessity.
- c£45k base salary.
- London base.
- 15% travel
- You will work within a growing and developing team of four and report into the Group Risk Manager.
- Opportunity to work in a company committed to developing their employees
- Our client's Business Philosophy emphasises continuous company-wide efforts towards providing training and development
- Our client is also implementing a combination of on-the-job training (OJT) and off-the-job training (OFF-JT) to promote effective development of human resources, with the former based on job rotations and the latter reflecting the characteristics of each business.
- Opportunity to work autonomously on projects and produce results within imparted deadlines.
- Opportunity to work in an established, ethical and sustainable company
- Opportunity to move within the company into core finance or operations.