Compliance & Internal Controls Manager- Global Tech Company
Europe Internal Control & SOX Manager reporting to CFO. Also acts as European Senior Compliance Advisor reporting to EMEA General Counsel.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer and service provider of telecommunication, computer and electronic devices, which brings together and integrates technology and expertise to create the ICT enabled society of tomorrow. Our client maintains a worldwide network of subsidiary companies, which includes operations in Europe where they perform various sales, manufacturing and R&D functions. Today, our client's EMEA team has 12 affiliates throughout Europe, employing approximately 850 personnel, located across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This role has a dual function: one as European Internal Control & SOX Manager reporting to Chief Finance Officer and a second one as European Senior Compliance Advisor reporting to EMEA General Counsel, being part of the Legal & Compliance Department.
(i) Internal Control & SOX Manager
- To promote the design and operation of an effective and efficient internal control system in NEC Europe Ltd and the relevant company affiliates.
- Prepare and execute annual risk based audit review plan.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of the annual NEC Europe J-SOX requirement
(ii) Compliance Advisor
- Ensure compliance areas on Anti Bribery, Third Parties, Money Laundry, Competition, Export Control and Privacy are executed successfully throughout Europe
- Ensure the Policies and Compliance Framework follow NEC Corporation requirements
- European applicable legislation (including Anti Bribery Act) and Compliance ISOs such as 19600, 37001
- Pro-actively contribute as member of the Compliance Committee, GDPR Steering Group and Whistle Blowing Committee.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills and ability to work on their own initiative
- Ability to manage Stakeholder interests
- Adaptability, ability to liaise effectively with different cultures at all levels and throughout the Group;
- Flexible thinker, able to take a practical, sensible and commercial approach;
- Work effectively as a virtual team member.
- Demonstrable experience in Internal Controls and relevant Compliance experience
- Knowledge and experience on International Standards of Compliance, such as 19600 and 7001 and Compliance Legislation on such areas at European level, like the UK Anti- Bribery Act
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS conflicts is essential
- £60-65k salary
- Central London base.
- Travel up to 20% across Europe
- Opportunity for a varied role reporting into both the Chief Finance Officer and the EMEA General Counsel
- Opportunity to work in an exciting, thriving technology company
- A diverse and inclusive company with a healthy view on work-life balance.
- Opportunity to move within the company into core finance or operations.