Accounts Payable Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk - 3 Month FTC - Milton Keynes
Technology Firm in Central Milton Keynes - Immediate Start Required
Page Personnel are partnered with a leading organisation who focus heavily on Science & Development in the heart of Milton Keynes. With companywide plans to double in size over the next 2 years, our client is recruiting an Assistant Accountant / Accounts Payable specialist to join the finance team on an initial 3 month contract (with the intention of a permanent position) and work directly with the Financial Controller.
- Support in the compilation of the monthly corporation tax calculation and quarterly VAT return.
- Monthly submission of inter-company statement to business units and act as first point of contact for queries.
- Ongoing communication regarding queries on taxes, deductibility of expenses, dividends and other matters
- Control of journal entries and reconciliations
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices, matching invoices to purchase orders, scanning processed invoices.
- Reconciling and compiling various reports: e.g. monthly company wide reports on franking costs, printing costs, and taxi costs
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post on a daily basis distributing to the correct department
- Ensure KPI's are met each month
- VAT Payments
- Ensure costs are charged to the correct General Ledger Account and Cost Centre
- The ideal candidate will have worked as an Assistant Accountant, with previous experience taking part in the responsibilities noted above
- Available Immediately (2 week notice period)
- Be able to operates excel on an intermediate level
- AAT Qualified, ACCA/CIMA part-qualified or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Commutable from Milton Keynes
Alongside working for a leading Research & Development organisation in the heart of Milton Keynes with a competitive salary, our client offers a tailored training scheme with progressive steps to assist your progression within the financial space.