Head of Finance
A traditional, diverse and global manufacturing business is seeking a highly competent and operationally focused Head of Finance.
A well-established manufacturing business based in the West Midlands is seeking a Head of Finance to support and drive improvement alongside Operations. The business has grown over the last 100 years on the back of high levels of customer service and a vast array of quality products.
This is a great time to join the organisation.
As the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for building a strong working relationship with the Head of UK Operations to improve processes and to deliver insights to aid clarity around business decisions.
You will sit as part of the senior leadership team tasked with evolving the business processes and procedures in line with the growth and plans for the business for the coming years ahead.
You will be tasked to:
- Lead the Finance department positively, supporting the business by providing key information to maximise revenue, profitability and efficiency
- Support and influence the Board of Directors in strategic goals for future planning
- Partner with both the Commercial and Operations Directors to develop, co-ordinate and implement short and medium term strategic plans for customers
- Provide a financial strategy to analysing capital equipment and investment opportunities
- Lead all planning and budgeting processes
- Monitor financial targets and align business unit plans with cross - functional partners
- Report on the financial performance of the business unit and key variance analysis
- Manage business unit financial forecast, including analysis of key business drivers, revenues and expenses and development and communication of risks and opportunities
- Manage the cash flow of the business, to ensure working capital is optimised
- Co-ordinate and justify all capital expenditure requests and provide post investment appraisal
- Ensure inventory control procedures, including cycle counts, restricted stock analysis, and annual inventory counts are adhered to
- Ensure product costing is accurate and costing methodology is robust
As the Head of Finance, you will be a key figure in guiding the business leaders and operational management on strategic decisions. You will be able to directly influence the profitability of the organisation through detailed information production, analysis and interpretation. The successful candidate will also:
- Have extensive experience within Manufacturing finance
- Be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of product costing
- Lead a team who will monitor and update BOM's and routings
- Show knowledge and competence with regards to an ERP implementation
- Have led the delivery of more accurate budgets and forecasts
£70,000 - £90,000 + leading benefits