2020 UK Finance Graduate Programme
4 days left
- Level of qualification
- Not qualified
Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our premier global network of change-makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and shape the future of the business. You will diversify your skillset and gain exposure by working on high profile projects- analysing and simplifying complex data to identify areas of value and consult the business to drive more profitable decisions.
The graduate role will involve working as a Finance Analyst in any of our Finance teams supporting a range of business areas such as Global Consumer, Corporate Products, Bank Partnerships, International Business Development or Small Merchant Business. Finance Analyst roles will focus on the development of your analytical and relationship-building skills, as well as challenging your strategic thinking and understanding.
You will be part of a wider American Express Graduate Programme which will include a structured induction, thorough training and development, in-depth Finance specific training and full support if you wish to pursue further professional qualifications.
What type of work can you expect to do in Finance at American Express?
- Develop relationships in a complex global matrix organization.
- Use American Express big data to identify market trends, key metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision-making.
- Develop new data analytics and tools in order to drive scalable insights and business strategy.
- Provide decision support on investment strategies for products, identification of key market drivers for business generation and business profitability, and resource allocation.
- Work closely with Operational and Finance management and their teams to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its evolving needs.
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
- Analytical skills
- Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights and draw conclusions
- Impeccable commercial acumen with ability to see the bigger picture and effectively collaborate to help influence senior leadership
- Eagerness to learn and use SQL to extract and manipulate data, or with other programming or scripting languages.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organised and thorough
- Ability to build relationships across teams and effective networking skills
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme or a Master’s programme in your final year of study (any degree discipline)
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent