Internal Audit & Controls Manager - Global R&D Company
To promote the design and operation of an effective and efficient internal audit system within a new function, reporting into the Group Head of Risk.
Our client is part of one of Japan's leading multinational companies yet operate independently as a network of companies and branch offices across Europe . The integrated resources provide a powerful platform for product development, marketing and logistics in the agriculture sector.
Our client is a chemical company which specialises in the development and distribution of technically advanced agricultural products including plant protection products, fertilizers and seeds.
The company's headquarters are in London, managing our network of companies and branch offices based in France, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine and Russia.
- To promote the design and operation of an effective and efficient internal audit system
- Prepare and execute annual risk based internal audit review plan
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of the annual J-SOX requirement
- Educate and train others on internal control and address specific training and development needs to fill control gaps
- Work with business and control owners and operators to ensure quality, consistency and operability of new and existing controls
- Any "special" investigation as and when required
- Reporting into the Head of Risk
- Demonstrable experience in Internal Audit and/or Internal Controls
- Knowledge and experience of J-SOX / SOX or C-SOX (ideal not essential)
- Ideally CIA/PIA/IRM/ACA/ACCA Qualification
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time international
- Line management experience is ideal but not essential
This role will offer you the chance to work within a growing team where you can implement a brand new internal audit and controls matrix. You will work closely alongside the risk team and interact with key stakeholders.
The team is in the midst of being created so this role will allow you to truly add value and business partner.
Benefits will include:
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays. On a discretionary basis, additional paid holidays may be granted over the Christmas period
- Bonus dependent upon company and personal performance of up to 1 month's salary
- Defined contribution pension scheme after 3 month's service. Company contribution 8% for an employee contribution of 2%, company contribution 10% for an employee contribution of 5%
- Building Nuffield Gym and swimming pool use, free of charge.