A excellent Accounts Assistant role that will be able to provide growth and development as you look to establish a finance career. Working in the Ely based team for this FMCG you will have responsibility in supporting the senior finance team with the month end processes as well as the continual development of existing processes.
This FMCG are currently in an exciting period of growth and development and are looking for a progressive Accounts Assistant who is looking to develop their career alongside the business. The role will sit with the experienced Ely team who will provide continual support to the role.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assist and ensure accurate and timely payments and accounts are appropriately service
- Reconcile the bank account/cash book
- Maintain and reconcile petty cash
- Verify the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions, assisting the senior finance team
- Complete monthly, quarterly returns
- Ensure Accurate accounting for VAT, subcontractors tax
- Assist in ad hoc projects, tasks and reports as and when required
The successful candidate for the Accounts Assistant role be:
- Actively wanting to pursue their AAT qualification, fully qualified would be advantageous
- A forward thinking and progressive candidate eager to build their career in finance
- Confident user of Excel would be advantageous
- Confident in building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships
- Excellent attention to detail
The successful applicant for the Accounts Assistant role will be joining a growing FMCG in Ely who will be able to provide continual growth and development alongside the business, whilst receiving a competitive salary and benefits package.