Service Charge Accountant/ Team Leader
• Manage an office-based portfolio accountancy team, from Assistant Portfolio Accountant to Senior Portfolio Accountant, to ensure they meet their obligations.
• Ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently applied to required standards.
• Preparation of year end accounts including re-allocation of costs
• Prepare Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet reports together with all other associated breakdown reports for the auditors.
• Responsibility for audit process, liaising with external auditors and filing with the relevant property team
• Approval of draft accounts, liaising with the property manager and the board
• Responsibility for statutory accounts filed with Companies House and Inland Revenue
• Manage surplus and deficit charges onto lessee accounts
• Respond to financial queries from external clients and lessees
• Preparation of budget templates, including uploading onto the system
• Managing service charge demands and ad hoc costs to tenants as required
• Preparation of management reports on a monthly or quarterly basis
• Assist property managers in relation to additional financial queries, projects or information as required
• Review handover information from previous agents and set up new clients on system
• Monitor the cash flow and manage outstanding creditors on regular basis
• Ensure that company policies and procedures are implemented for training and developing, disciplining and terminating departmental staff at all levels. Encourage and monitor training of staff under management and ensure proper records are kept.
• Maintain an awareness of relevant company operations with regard to providing and contributing towards achieving overall company objectives and the success of the company.
• Maintain a pro-active approach to identifying and progressing possible business opportunities, minimising business costs, and identifying and resolving possible operational issues and problems.
• Interpret company policies, procedures and relevant legislation, researching where required and providing advice consistently. General Accountabilities
• Lead by example, adopting Rendall & Rittner policies, procedures and values
• Constantly strive for continuous improvement
• Delivering excellent customer service
• Take personal responsibility for understanding and following the company's Health & Safety policies and practices
• Able to handle confidential and sensitive information, dealing with issues and queries with utmost professionalism Required Experience & Technical Competency
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent IT and numeracy skills
• Substantial supervisory/managerial experience
• Recognised accounting qualification / qualified by experience / part qualified (CIMA / ACCA / AAT)
• Ensure all company fees are billed and paid on time for the team's portfolio
• Significant experience in an accounting role
• Knowledge of accounting systems such as Propman
• Advanced Excel skills
• Demonstrated experience understanding, interpreting and preparing complex reports and plans (e.g. financial reports, budgeting, works scheduling, workload allocation, performance planning).
• Proven ability to and handle confidential information and provide advice sensitive matters that may involve the general public and handling issues and queries with professionalism. This is a permanent contract Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30 pm.
Competitive We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff