Based at the European Headquarters in Canary Wharf, London and working for this prestigious financial services business, your role as the Financial Analyst is to analyse and maintain the financial performances of Insurance corporations using annual and other periodic reports. This is an excellent opportunity for an accountant with strong analysis skills looking to move into a more analytical role.
International Financial Services business based in Canary Wharf.
Working as part of a team of Finanical Analysts, your role will:
- Iinterpret financial data from annual and other periodic reports
- Review fundamentals of financial statements like the items on balance sheets and income statements
- Review/ prioritise client queries on this data as they arise.
- Data analysis
- Analysing financial data - to interpret and "spread" financial data from annual or periodical reports
- Provide instruction and advice on the placing of key financial data items in balance sheets and income statements, also contributing towards best practice documents for use in training
- Management reports - generate statistical reports for management as required
- Internal communication - the ability to liaise with stakeholders and other analysts on financial data decisions and queries
- External communication - occasionally required to attend meetings with strategic partners and clients, either on the phone or face-to-face
- A sound knowledge of accounting practices in order to interpret all aspects of a financial report, ideally qualified to degree standard in Accountancy or Business Studies.
- A CIMA, ACCA, ACA part qualified candidate would be a preferred.
- Alternatively, candidates with experience of working with financial statement fundamental data, in an accountancy, actuarial or auditing environment would be considered.
- Excellent administration and communication skills.
- Must have a highly organised and methodical approach to work.
- Self-starter who can pick up new processes quickly and accurately.
Competitive salary and benefits package including bonus.