An excellent opportunity for a progressively minded and forward thinking candidate to assist think growing Engineering business in Saffron Walden as a Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate processing of the ledgers, alongside the reconciliations of supplier statements.
A successful engineering business with a strong regional presence who are in need of a Finance Assistant to support their growing team. Sitting within the experienced Saffron Walden team their will be continued opportunities for career development and growth.
The Finance Assistant will be responsible for:
- Assist with purchase ledger - to include posting of supplier invoices, expenses & credit/debit card receipts & invoices, matching to POs, booking in, obtaining correct authorisation according to business rules.
- Reconciling supplier statements, requesting missing invoices.
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Assist with sales invoice posting as required
- Assist with ad hoc administration for the finance dept as required
- Assist with ad hoc reporting requirements of the business as required
- General office duties as required including answering the telephone, ordering office supplies
- Assisting with the continued development of the internal processes and systems
The successful candidate for the Finance Assistant will be:
- Actively pursuing their AAT qualification
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have proven skills across a range of IT systems, including Excel with Sage being advantageous
- Have the ability to plan and organise their own work to meet tight deadlines under the supervision of the Finance Manager.
- Be able to build strong relationships at all levels, both within and outwith the organisation.
The successful applicant will be making an excellent move to a growing Engineering business at an exciting time. Working from the Saffron Walden site you will receive a competitive salary and strong benefits package.