Group Reporting Accountant
As the Group Reporting Accountant you will report to the Group Financial Controller supporting the Group financial consolidation and reporting process, including the Group's monthly management accounts. This is a new role in the Group Finance Team and will be an exciting career opportunity.
The client is a technology business with three core areas of business: aerospace and defence; industrial and telecommunications and biotechnology. The headquarters is in Somerset, UK with operations in the USA and Europe.
Key responsibilities of the Group Reporting Accountant include:
- Assist in the preparation of the Group's year and full year financial reporting
- Liaise with the Group's external audit team as part of their audit of the Group's financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts, periodic financial forecasts and annual budgets
- Assist the reporting entities in their completion of their monthly reporting
- Produce the Group's monthly management accounting pack and other monthly reporting packs issued to the Group Board and Executive Management Board
- Provide financial analysis of the Group's financial results
- Assess the impact of new accounting standards on the Group
- Ensure adherence to the Group's financial policies by its reporting entities, including participation in on site reviews
- Assist in maintaining the Group's reporting chart of accounts including the calculation of its financial KPIs
- Assist with other ad-hoc special financial projects as required
The successful candidate for the role of Group Reporting Accountant is required to have/be:
- Educated to degree level and should be qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Technically proficient in IFRS
- A team player, receptive to ideas. Shares information and keeps key stakeholders informed
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Motivated to get things done and strives to exceed expectations
- Experience of working with multi-currency consolidations.
In addition to being:
- A flexible individual who can deal with an informal and fluid working environment
- Pragmatic and innovative, able to deal with conflicting demands for their time
- Dedicated and hard working with the drive and resilience needed to overcome obstacles and succeed.
- Able to interactive effectively with the different working styles of the various subsidiary finance teams across the Group.
- Possesses high levels of professional integrity, honesty and personal credibility.