Boots is the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
The importance of the Programme
We take our Early Careers development very seriously. We’ve got a long history of running successful graduate programmes and we really want to help you gain some valuable experience in a business that will give you a springboard into your career.
Our Graduate programme has a personalised approach to learning, providing a real role, a personalised learning plan and a variety of learning content from self-development to commercial acumen. Throughout the programme you will have a chance to learn from some inspiring leaders and have access to explore the whole of Boots by having a variety of real work placements.
As well as learning on the job we’ll support you in completing a Level 7 Accountancy/ Taxation Professional Apprenticeship, helping you achieve a CIMA qualification.
Overview of the role
Across Boots we have a large and diverse finance team who work alongside the business divisions, to make sure they all get the financial information they need to make strategic decisions to drive
fantastic performance. They're fundamental to our business, providing insights and strategic financial advice to support our key decision-makers.
You will be given the opportunity to rotate around the different areas in Finance and could be working in the following areas:
Financial planning and analysis: You’ll be a Senior Finance Analyst playing a key role in budgeting, forecasting, performance reporting to deliver insight and support decision making
Financial controllership: You’ll be an Assistant Financial Controller, working within teams responsible for our month end financial reporting processes and consolidating our business’s financial reports
After your first placement you’ll move to work in one of our group companies or corporate functions in Weybridge or Chessington, before returning to our Nottingham Support Office to complete your finance training
What we are looking for
- Must be on track or have achieved a 2:1 in a finance related degree within the last 3 years
- A background and passion for Finance
- An ability to deliver to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload
- First class stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation
- An ability to cope with change in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to challenge processes / figures and deliver efficiencies
- An ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business
- A drive for self-development and growth
- Salary: £26,000
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Boots employee discount card
- Discretionary performance related annual bonus
- Pension Scheme
- Access to our Benefit Box – The benefits box brings together benefits that support you and your family, now and in the future. We have a variety of benefits including; access to our onsite gym at our Nottingham Support Office, holiday purchasing, discounted travel insurance, cinema passes and restaurant discounts and much more.
- Access to Pavilion Events at our Nottingham Support Office - Access to new and exclusive products from our well-known brands.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.