Senior Specialist - Corporate Accounting/FBP
Summary of Role
Maintain an accurate set of financial accounts for the GBS legal entity ensuring sufficient funding to facilitate entity payment for payroll and other vendors. Prepare the annual budget, subsequent re-forecasts and conduct budgetary control. Ensure compliance with local regulatory and tax requirements and support the GBS legal entity with required financial evaluation to support business decisions.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Financial Accounting and Balance Sheet Control
- General ledger accounting and financial control including but not limited to posting monthly salary/ depreciation/ accrual/ prepayment journals including but not limited to rental/ lease agreements, insurance.
- Account for intercompany transactions and coordinate with the corporate centre and counterparts for intercompany settlements..
- Prepare other balance sheet reconciliation to ensure the robustness of accounts, and investigate and clear differences on a timely basis.
Audit, tax and Statutory Reporting
- Ensure tax compliance through monthly, quarterly and annual tax return filing and payments. This includes GST and corporation tax and any other tax that may be deemed applicable with the change of tax law in Malaysia.
Financial Performance Management
- Finance business partnering support for the GBS entity leadership team in providing needful financial evaluations and analysis to support business decisions on charge-outs, expansion etc.
- Manage external relationship with banks, auditors and tax authorities
- Ensure strict compliance with accounting standards, statutory law and continuous improvement on all financial aspects.
- Handle any other tasks and ad hoc assignments as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical & reporting skills
- A dynamic individual, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to build a good relationship with different stakeholders and work independently
- English language fluency
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office including Excel
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- 3-5 years of related accounting or commercial experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or management
- Experience in Oracle ERP System will be added advantage
At the Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses.
You'll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports that celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
Apply for Senior Specialist - Corporate Accounting/FBP
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly