Manager - Corporate Accounting
Summary of Role
Manage a group of teams to ensure the timeliness of month-end close and handle financial reporting to management in the US. Financial reporting includes financial planning and analysis, account reconciliation and year-end audit preparation.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Record to Report (“R2R”)
- Oversee month-end R2R process to ensure timely completion of closing and management reporting.
- Ensure General Ledger is closed on time and provide financial analysis on the significant variance comparing actual vs budget.
- Handle financial planning and analysis;
- Review balance sheet reconciliation prepared by the team and ensure that all reconciliations are completed by set timeline;
- Manage and lead the accounting and finance team in GBS environment;
- Provide R2R related advice and information to staff and to assist the staff to resolve the daily operations issues and escalation;
- Provide financial expertise, insights and recommendation on financial matters for decision making;
- Actively mentor and coach staff for professional development
- Act as liaison with Auditors, Tax Agents and other regulatory authority bodies;
- Ensure strict compliance with accounting standards, statutory law and continuous improvement on all financial aspects;
- Assist in managing transition activities with the Project Team;
- Handle any other tasks and ad hoc assignments as needed
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A dynamic individual, excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Able to build good relationship with different stakeholders;
- Able to lead, a strong team player and meet reporting deadlines under pressure;
- Able to work independently
- Fluent in the English language
- Knowledge of IFRS and GAAP
- Exposure to international operations
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of ERP systems
Required Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related filed, and professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MIA etc.);
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in General Ledger operations including
- 3 years supervisory experience
Preferred Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Prefer candidate with more than 5 years related accounting experience and previous exposure in GBS or SSC environment is added advantage.
At the Association, you are part of a global, diverse and talented group of colleagues. You have opportunities to innovate and collaborate in a leading organization that impacts individuals and businesses.
You'll have opportunities to progress while enjoying an exciting work environment that supports that celebrates individual achievement, development and professional satisfaction.
Together, we will lead the most influential body of professional accountants and create the future of the global accounting profession.
Apply for Manager - Corporate Accounting
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly