A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant to take the next step in their career by playing a central role in the continued growth and development of this science and research business. Working from the St. Neots office the Management Accountant will be responsible for the month end processes alongside the production of the management accounts. You will also assist with the ongoing forecasting and budgeting processes.
An established but also growing science and research business set in the heart of St. Neots who are able to provide an excellent working environment and offices. The Management Accountant will sit with an experienced finance team who would be able to provide strong support and progression opportunities.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Prepare month end schedules, reconcile Balance Sheet accounts and monthly management accounts
- Preparing prepayments and accruals and maintain relevant schedules
- Cost recharges to sites including payroll, travel and other expenses and ensure site control accounts are cleared.
- Monthly reconciliation of Intercompany balances
- Manage employee expenses
- Ability to use Excel to create fresh more efficient schedules for month end processes
- Prepare Excel V-Lookups & pivot tables for collating data for schedules used daily
- Prepare VAT returns
- Maintaining the Fixed asset register and reconciling with the GL.
The successful applicant for the Management Accountant will be:
- Actively pursuing their ACCA/CIMA qualification
- Advanced Excel skills - vlookup, pivot tables, etc.
- Knowledge of using accounting software - Xero, quickbooks etc.#
- Solid understanding of UK GAAP would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills - ability to develop effective relationships with team members
- Previous experience in a science and research environment would be advantageous
The successful candidate for the position will be receiving a competitive salary alongside a strong benefits package. Alongside this the St. Neots office will provide continued growth and career development.