Financial Reporting Manager
Your new company
Your be working for an organisation who's core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways they love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Your new role
You will be joining the Finance Operations team: a highly effective and agile function, managing resources and providing service excellence to the rest of this organisations Finance function. This team, under the leadership of our Global Process Owners, is responsible for our core Global Finance operational and reporting production processes.As part of the Consolidation & Reporting team you will be responsible for generating the financial statements and notes, Solvency II QRTs and narrative reports. In addition, running the Group consolidation process and produces analysis to give confidence to senior stakeholders over the quality of the accounts.This is a hugely varied role, and while you will need to be comfortable with dealing with a broad spectrum of responsibilities and tasks, it will provide you with a diverse range of development opportunities and a strong position to progress your career.
What will the role involve?
- Analysis of consolidated data and oversight of controls to give comfort over the quality and accuracy of accounts and regulatory returns
- Implementation of change within the team, championing and leading continuous process improvement
- Consolidation of the Group financial data and generation of financial statements and corresponding notes
- Generation of quarterly and annual QRTS
- Delivery of financial statements, narrative reports and analysis to AFC within agreed timelines
- Organisation & management of offshore resource
- Briefing and communication with markets, internal and external stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally a qualified accountant with strong reporting experience
- Strong IT skills and systems knowledge (Excel, Magnitude, Financial systems)
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate across all levels and across different geographies
- Ability to work as part of the team, resolve issues where appropriate and work to tight deadlines
- IFRS or Solvency II experience; ideally in the financial service sector and large companies
- Implementation of change and continuous improvement
What you'll get in return
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some products, plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.