Michael Page Finance are proud to be partnering with Renaker Build; the North West's leading property developer.
The ideal applicant will be ACA qualified, with experience of working in property development or a relatable sector.
Renaker is a leading, dynamic, and forward thinking real estate development company based in Manchester City Centre with a proven track record in design, build, and delivery and with more than 2,000 new homes currently under construction.
The business has a vision is to transform the urban landscape, unlocking potential and delivering quality schemes which encourage community and are attuned to the needs of the end user.
For example, Renaker are currently constructing the sought after Deansgate Square development (https://www.deansgatesquare.com/).
With four Towers each extending above 37 stories and over 1,500 residential units the scheme includes the 2nd tallest building in the UK, behind only The Shard. Deansgate Square is an ambitious, pioneering development for the City. With exclusive perks for residents including: private dining spaces, relaxing lounge areas, onsite yoga / gym classes & a prestigious concierge service, this promises to be a premium location transforming the standard of city living.
Renaker are proud to be proven leaders in a competitive market space. The business can boast to constructing the highest specification properties, largely as a result of their inventive approach to design, whilst working with the best talent across the architecture and construction field.
With an admirable growth story, emerging from a small construction firm in the 1990s to establishing their dominance as a one of the key players in the property and development market, this really is a business with an identity and a proven ability to succeed.
If you are looking to be part of a visionary business changing how thousands of city dwellers live and work, whilst operating as part of a vibrant company culture, this could be a perfect opportunity to advance your career.
- Reporting directly to the Group Finance Director, take full financial responsibility for Renaker's Development business, including:
- Business Planning 5 Year Plan
- Full P&L and Balance Sheet responsibility for all Development SPVs
- Production of detailed management accounts and forecasting packs
- Strong processes and procedures within the Development finance team
- Robust processes for appraising new projects and business cases
- Lead on the relationships with external advisors in audit and tax
- Support the Group Finance Director and Development Directors with development financing activities within the Group
- Attend senior management meetings, providing commercial updates and insightful commentary regarding business performance, risks and opportunities
- Manage and motivate a team of 3; assessing strengths within the team, upskilling where necessary, assigning tasks amongst the team to instil best practice
The ideal candidate for this newly created, Financial Controller role with Renaker Build, based in Manchester's Ancoats will be:
- Ideally practice trained ACA qualified - ACCA / CIMA qualified professionals with extremely relevant experience will also be considered
- A strong communicator, able to demonstrate an ability to present to a variety of stakeholders; communicating in a succinct, yet engaging manner
- A capable leader, able to win the confidence of the team of 3 direct reports; showing an ability to upskill and motivate talented individuals seeking development
- Emotionally aware and able to show agility in approach. We are looking for a self-assured individual, able to effectively challenge stakeholders around the business - confident to push back in the right way when necessary, not just adhering to historic practices
- A forward thinker, able to show an ability to create and implement more stringent processes
- A self-starter, able to use initiative to identify potential risks / opportunities. We are keen to speak to qualified professionals who are happy to look for answers independently, before presenting suggested solutions to peers / senior management
- An ambitious individual, hungry to learn; someone who shows an intellectual interest in self-development, able to engage with and challenge the Group Finance Director
Renaker Build are able to offer this new Financial Controller a highly competitive salary based on experience.
The successful applicant will gain the opportunity to work for an esteemed Group Finance Director with a proven ability to advance careers, whilst operating in a diverse and thriving business.