Accounts Payable Processor
We require an Executive to join our team to deliver accounts payable processing operations to our client base
Are you looking for your first step in a career in accountancy? We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate an enthusiasm for working in the world of accounting and finance and whose strengths align to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, and Decision Making.
At BDO you can be yourself - we value you as an individual and want you to realise your aspirations. You have a voice and your opinion counts. We give you the challenge and support you need and you are able to shape your own career according to your strengths, skills and personality. Working at BDO enhances your professional development at all stages of your career. Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. We recognise and reward your high performance and you have the opportunity to excel and share in our success. We are clear on what we expect from you and what you can expect in return.
BDO's Bristol Global Outsourcing specialises in providing international accounting services to global businesses. We now require an Executive to join our team to deliver accounts payable processing operations to our growing client base. The team has experienced significant growth in recent years and this position offers a real opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and expanding team. Responsibilities
This role would suit a candidate from either practice or industry environment with a minimum of 1 year's accounts payable processing experience. Working as part of a team you will ensure all client deliverables are met for each project, in line with agreed timetables. The executive will work with a team of technical and non-technical staff and report up to senior executives and client manager.
What does the role entail?
* Posting of high volumes of purchase invoices into various accounting systems
* Matching invoices to purchase orders
* Raising queries on invoices with client finance teams
* Monitor of invoices processing to demonstrate compliance with KPIs
* Allocating payments in the accounting system
* Checking AP transactions to vendor statements
* Ad hoc tasks as required Requirements
* Three A levels grade A* to C (excluding general studies and extended projects)
* Grade A* to C in Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
* Ability to think on your feet
* Good time management and organisational skills
* Attention to detail and ability to identify and solve issues
* Good communication skills
* Knowledge of accounting software supporting international operations such as Oracle, Accounts IQ, Netsuite, etc.
* Language skills