Director of Finance - Charity, Central Bristol
- Well known Not for Profit organisation
- Central location, easily commutable
Our client is an interesting and well known organisation, which acts in part as a charity. They are soon to embark on their next 5 year strategic plan and are looking to appoint a new Director of Finance in to their Senior Leadership Team. This role will be crucial in being hands on with the finance and HR teams, whilst being able to think strategically and contribute to the organisations next strategy.
- Inspire your departments through strong leadership; coaching and developing staff to achieve their full potential.
- Lead transformational change to support delivery of organisational strategy.
- Encouraging innovation and seeking best practice from inside and outside the sector.
- High level stakeholder relationship management, maximising opportunities for partnership working
- Supporting effective organisational governance including working directly with Trustees and elected leaders.
- Lead an open, engaged and learning culture with the organisations values at its core - including Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity and Member Leadership
- Be an active and engaged member of the organisations management team, collectively responsible for organisational success, achieving our vision and living our values.
- Accountable for the performance of your Directorate including setting and achieving Annual Strategic Indicators, financial performance, compliance and risk management.
- Identifying and responding to long-term strategic risks, challenges and opportunities.
- Build a culture of collaborative working across the organisation, ensuring high quality service for internal and external customers.
- Lead our strategic approach to finance and resources including annual and long-term budget setting, performance analysis, capital expenditure/investment, risk management, project evaluation and decision making.
- Lead the organisation's finance and accounting operations ensuring an effective control environment and risk management throughout and excellent service for all customers.
- Lead the annual financial cycle including statutory returns, year-end and audit.
- Qualified Accountant
- Charity experience or the desire to work for a charitable organisation.
- Experience managing multiple teams
- Ability to be hands on, but also be able to think strategically.
- Happy reporting to a board and challenging senior stakeholders.
- A basic salary of £50-55,000
- Flexible working environment
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Good pension scheme, amongst other employee benefits.