Our client is seeking an experienced Management Accountant to join their Finance team in Abingdon at this time of rapid growth.
The organisation is an impressive national business that owns a variety of property portfolios across the UK. They are experiencing a time of rapid investment and growth and so they are in need of an extra head in their Finance team based in Abingdon.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of performance reports and commentary for senior managers
- Monitoring of profitability against budget and recommend corrective action if required.
- Preparation and analysis of month end accounts, ensuring accurate recognition of expenditure & revenue.
- Support the budgeting and forecast processes
- Build relationships with senior managers across the business to enable the creation of robust budgets, periodic forecasts and long-term plans
- Manage the accounts for all construction projects, including advising on project structure, reporting and budgeting.
- Support the maintenance of a robust control environment, including responsibility for relevant balance sheet accounts appropriate to the business area, such as prepayments, accruals, Work in Progress, Income in Advance are fully reconciled with adequate supporting documentation available for audit purposes.
- Liaise with the Project Accountant over the reporting of capital expenditure and associated commentary to ensure clarity as to spending and reasons for variances
- Maintain and implement improvements with the preparation of service charge budgets, service charge accounts and annual service charge reconciliations for tenants in line with agreed timescales
- Attend relevant meetings and ensure outcomes are implemented and communicated as appropriate
- Support finance wide initiatives, such as testing of new reports & upgrades.
The successful Management Accountant will have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with senior managers across the business, previous experience of business partnering would be ideal
- Part Qualified in ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience of Management Accounting with exposure to balance sheets, pnl, variance analysis, etc
- Strong computer skills with large accounting systems
If you have management accounting experience and are looking to develop your career to the next level please apply now!
This role will allow you to work in an excellent working environment with generous benefits including flexible working hours, whilst becoming a finance Business Partner to the wider business during an exciting time of growth.
The Management Accountant can expect to earn between £30,000 and £35,000 dependent upon experience and qualification, plus a generous benefits package, flexible working hours and a study support package.
Please apply now!