Senior Internal Auditor
You will be joining a very proactive value added Internal Audit Department of a large Public Sector organisation.
My client is a well known large central government organisation based in Newport.
Are you a newly qualified ACA from Big 4 with Internal Audit experience or a current Qualified Internal Auditor who is looking for a new challenge.
* Take a lead on the delivery of all aspects of more complex risk based internal audit assignments. This includes; planning and leading scoping meetings with senior stakeholders to agree a Terms of Reference; completion of audit fieldwork; leading close meetings to agree audit findings; and producing a robust evidence based draft report, in line with quality, time and budget requirements.
* Manage individual and team audit budgets effectively, and proactively identify issues affecting delivery, providing solutions and options ahead of deadlines.
* Undertake reviews of the auditors working papers to ensure the standards of the HIA and professional standards have been met.
* Support the implementation of audit software and the evolution of the audit methodology for the function to meet professional standards and best practice set within government.
* Oversee the production of MI for Audit and Risk Assurance Committee.
* As part of the ongoing transformation, look to continuously improve your own development and that of the wider team, nurturing talent and looking for opportunities to develop staff needs.
* Supporting the relationship with our co-sourcing partner.
* Play an active role in developing relationships with senior stakeholders and across the organisation in order to gain business intelligence and promote the role of Internal Audit.
Qualified or Newly qualified ACA, ACCA, CIPFA or IIA
Public sector experience (not essential)
Internal Audit experience
Good stakeholder engagement skills
Salary on the range of £35389 - £41149
Flexible working hours
Civil Service Pension
excellent holiday allowance