Accounts Payable Manager
Leading retail business in Milton Keynes are on the lookout for an experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join their growing team. The role will focus around streamlining efficiency's across the function and developing their P2P processes.
Our client are a market leading retail business within their sector, and a house hold name. Recent acquisitions both within the UK and internationally have driven international investment and means this is an exciting time to join their business.
Accounts Payable Manager Responsibilities:
- End to end process owner and full accountability for all Accounts Payable (AP) processes including processing of invoices, payments processes and query resolution ensuring full alignment to global process and strict compliance with internal controls
- Team management of 8 direct reports. Share knowledge, experience (positive and negative) and lessons learnt.
- End to end process owner and full accountability for all Travel and Expense processes including payments and query resolution ensuring strict compliance with internal controls
- Coaching and mentoring to drive high performance and strong AP knowledge.
- Daily huddles to prioritise and focus the teams.
- Weekly review of aged creditor reports, debtors and unallocated cash to eliminate risk and drive performance.
- Work with team to reduce outstanding items and implement any new ways of working/ efficiencies identified.
- Review supplier statements and ensure reconciling items are resolved or escalated.
- Oversee and manage relationship between internal and external customers reducing the number of queries by tracking and analysing KPIs.
- Support, drive and prioritise projects and efficiency's in line with continuous improvement programme.
- Prepare month reports and KPIs
Accounts Payable Manager Requirements:
- Track record of delivering continuous improvement programs and change management projects.
- Ability to build effective relationships through interpersonal skill and technical expertise to aid cross functional working, delivery and a sense of collaboration and teamwork.
- Proven experience of resolving complex queries.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely.
- Focus on client and service mindset with a commitment to a high level of customer service.
- Embraces changes and adjusts to continuous business change and improvement.
- Can operate both at the strategic and, where required, detailed level.
- Ability to manage workload independently and work under pressure to short time-lines
Whats on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Leading and growing retail business
- On-site parking