Purchase Ledger Clerk
Purchase Ledger Clerk Based in Stoke Permanent £17500 per annum
Your new company
A leader in their field experiencing a huge amount of growth are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Your new role will include but not be limited to;
- Process all invoices and obtain relevant approval prior to payment.
- Sort, code and enter invoices onto accounting system.
- Prepare invoices for payment, prioritising as required.
- Process cash, fuel and credit cards expenses in a timely manner.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Process cheque requests.
- Sort and deal with incoming mail and emails.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies and issues.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy.
What you'll need to succeed
- IT Literature including basic understanding of word and strong understanding of excel
- Some knowledge of Sage software or other accounting software
- Excellent telephone manner and Customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- The ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- High level of skill in organising and prioritising workload.
- Position requires a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to work in a team as well as individually.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of £17500 per annum, a fantastic brand new working environment, on site parking, 29 days holiday, 5% pension contributions, bonus scheme and an extensive benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.