Your new organisation
Our client is a well-known Public Sector organisation based in Cardiff. They are looking for an interim Financial Accountant to assist during a period of change.
Your new role
In your new role you will support the Finance Manager in managing the accounting functions of the organisation, ensuring compliance with accounting standards are adhered to. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that monthly management accounts, monthly reforecasts and budget information are accurate and completed to the agreed timetable
- Prepare financial reports as appropriate for various Boards
- Ensure the accurate recording of all financial data in accordance with current accounting requirements, ensuring effective controls are in place
- Preparing monthly statements and regular review of debt impairment using IFRS9
- Overseeing the reconciliation, and ensuring integrity, of balance sheet accounts
- Overseeing and supporting fixed asset accounting
- Overseeing the preparation and filing of quarterly VAT returns
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a fully qualified accountant (CA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) with technical financial and management accounting competence, ideally in public sector finance, and understanding of business partnering requirements at in-year cost centre management level within an SME business/the Civil Service. Have strong inter-personal skills with the ability to network and build relationships at all levels. Demonstrate experience of implementing positive change projects in Finance. Have experience of all Microsoft Office products (Excel to a minimum of intermediate level). Bring a flexible and reliable approach to deal with a dynamic working environment
What you'll get in return
You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging role, which offers a diverse, demanding and interesting workload. This role is paying up to £26 p/h (inclusive of holiday pay) on an initial 6 month interim placement.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Adam Brooks now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.