Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager Based in Newcastle-under-Lyme £25,000-£30,000 DOE
Your new company
Your new company are a leader in their field based in Newcastle-under-Lyme and due to continued growth are looking to add an Assistant Finance Manager to their growing team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Essential duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to;
- Preparation of Accounts to Trial Balance.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- VAT returns.
- Production of financial statements ensuring compliance with appropriate standards
- Production and maintenance of standard costs within a manufacturing environment
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal controls in accordance with good practice and legal requirements
- Analysis of financial statements, cashflows, cost controls and expenditures to provide guidance to the business and/or highlight areas of concern/action required
- Other ad-hoc activities as required
What you'll need to succeed
- Significant experience in finance, accounting and cost control
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Breadth of knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Experience of working in a well-established multi-functional team and being able to be seen as an agent of change
- Experience of an international business environment
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary dependant on experience of in between £25,000 and £30,000 pa. Onsite parking, 37.5 working hours per week monday to friday, generous holiday allowance and pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.