Client Accountant (Team Leader)
An exceptional Client Accountant Team Leader job based in London for a leading property business. Up to 50k.
My client, an established and dynamic Property business based in Central London, is looking for a Client Accountant Team Leader to join their team. The company are a market leading property management services provider who are dedicated to offering their clients an exceptional level of service.
Main duties will include:
- Supervising the members of the team in all of their duties.
- Arranging regular team meetings to ensure awareness of current developments and work in progress, ensuring all deadlines are met and that work is being carried out to the highest standards.
- Taking a senior role in the running of the section offering advice and instruction to the other members of their own and the other teams as appropriate.
- Ensuring that all monies received and expended on behalf of the Clients are accounted for correctly in accordance with RICS regulations and current Government legislation.
- Ensuring all such transactions are reported to the Client in a timely fashion and in the agreed format in order with the contractual KPIs.
- Producing and reconciling monthly and quarterly Client reports, including trial balances and other balance sheet & profit & loss items.
- Developing a relationship with the relevant Client Contact
- Updating and maintaining of the appropriate Property Management Accounting systems and other databases in accordance with the instructions of the Management Surveyor.
- Issuing of demands and Tax invoices in accordance with the agreed timetables.
- Preparing completion statements, or providing information to others, in respect of outgoing properties.
- Liaising with new purchaser or Managing Agent to ensure smooth handover of any outgoing properties.
- Liaising with vendor or Managing Agent to ensure smooth take on of new instructions.
- Reconciling, calculating and apportioning of year end service charges, monitoring outgoing costs and budgetary control if required.
- Monitoring the audit of service charge accounts where external Auditors are used.
- Liaising with Management Surveyors and the client as appropriate.
- Liaising with Centre managers, Building Managers, Solicitors as appropriate.
- Utilising Excel, Horizon & any associated reporting tools and internal systems to a high standard.
- Other ad hoc duties appropriate to the role.
You will have solid experience in a Client Accounting role, including experience with service charge, rent, deliverables and management experience.
Ideally my client is looking for Tramps accounting software experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.