Head of Rents and Service Charge
4 days left
- Level of qualification
Have you got experience in social housing specifically in rent and service charge?
Are you looking to deliver an excellent Rent and Service Charge accounting service to an organisation?
Do you excel at building and maintaining strategic relationships throughout the business?
Forward thinking and Innovative Social Housing Provider in the North West
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Be accountable and deliver a full rent and service charge accounting service
- Lead and manage a performance driven culture within the team by driving improvements in service , establishing plans, setting targets and developing individual skills and experience within the team.
- Establish appropriate controls and simplicity in both system and processes.
- Lead and manage the annual budget setting process and annual financial statement production for rents and service charges; delivering accurate and timely information to stakeholders.
- Establish positive and strong relationships between the team and other departments driving VfM with efficient processes.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors and resolve all audit queries effectively and within timescales required.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of rent and service charge regulation; assessing the impact of changes in regulation.
- Develop and manage a plan of continuous improvements to the system to ensure we future-proof the system design to drive best-in-sector processes.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in social housing or private letting
- Proven experience of leading on implementation of administrative systems and a clear demonstration of improvements made. Demonstrate strong managerial experience in service delivery leading, motivating and developing a team, including setting and achieving challenging targets.
- Experience of Rent and Service charge accounting in a substantial and complex organisation.
- Experience of Rent & Service charge setting applications for example,Ensemble/QUBE.
- Knowledge of rent and service charge regulation and legislation and differing tenure types.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills with ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload to meet agreed deadlines.
- Experience of reviewing and analysing financial information and reporting on results.
- Experience of using Oracle Financials.
- Experience of project management accountability and delivery, with proven ability to meet challenges with varied deadlines of complex processes.
Competitive Salary and wider package