Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Level of qualification
- Not qualified
Your new company
My client is a distributor for many retailers and brands. Full time Purchase Ledger Clerk required to aid the Purchase Ledger department in their daily duties. You will be part of a vibrant and social department and have previous purchase ledger experience.
Your new role
- Check, code, process, scan and distribute supplier invoices.
- Deal with any queries relating to invoices.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Prepare weekly payment runs.
- Prepare and make payments using Barclays.net.
- Interact with suppliers/bank using phone/email.
- Raise letter of credits for International Suppliers.
- Match stock invoices to shipments (GRNI+GINR).
- Allocate currency invoices to forward contracts.
- Ad hoc cover for other team members.
- Assist with Month End duties. (Accruals)
What you'll need to succeed
- Microsoft Excel skills essential. (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Word skills essential. (Intermediate)
- Experience of VISUAL 2000 accounting system beneficial.
- Good communication skills on and offline.
- Good team player
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
What you'll get in return
- A very competitive salary of £20k-£21k
- 20 Days Holiday (+ 8 Bank Holidays) - Increases by 0.5 days for every year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days
- Free onsite parking
- Discount in many high street brands such as JD sports
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.