Your new company
A growing and successful business located on the North side of Ipswich are looking to recruit for a new Finance Manager to lead their close knit Accounts team.
Your new role
This is a progressive role providing opportunity to grow with the business you will ultimately be responsible for the production of monthly management accounts whilst supervising junior members of staff. Your duties may include:
- Production of monthly management accounts (incl. journals, accruals, prepayments and intercompany reconciliations)
- Preparation and monitoring annual budgets
- Monitoring cash flow and overhead costs
- Monthly forecasting with variance analysis (actual vs expected)
- Management of the fixed-asset register
- Attending regular meetings with Directors/Heads of Department presenting management accounts with commentary
- Monthly VAT/CIS returns
- Identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Year-end reporting
- Close assistance with internal and external audits
- Continual focus on improving internal control and procedures
- Managing a small team including employment, training, development and appraisals
What you'll need to succeed
It is important that you are actively working towards a relevant qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and it would be ideal if you hold experience of the duties stated above. Candidates who are part-qualified but taking a break from their studies will also be considered on the assumption that you will be willing undertake your remaining exams.
You will be a high-flyer with a strong ambition for your future. Personality is key as you will be liaising with both senior and junior members of the business on a daily basis. Most of all you will be ready to take on a new challenge!
What you'll get in return
This company are offering 31 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays), there is free on-site parking and also the option work flexible hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.