Finance Intern, For September 2019 Start
We have one opportunity for a 12-month internship within our Finance team - the position is open to undergraduates looking for a third-year placement year in a Finance team as part of their 4-year degree course.
The central planning team is responsible for the consolidation, financial analysis and reporting of financials across EMEA and all lines of business. The regional role provides the unique opportunity to gain exposure to a variety of areas including the consolidation of financials, franchise management and aspects of regional overheads (shared functions). The outputs produced by the team are highly visible to the EMEA CFO, as well as key finance stakeholders including the WDI Burbank team.
This role allows the possibility to get an oversight of the whole company and is a perfect starting point for anyone interested in a career in Finance.
- Supporting the team throughout planning and forecast cycles (Forecasts, Budgets, Five Year Plan), as well as year-end processes
- The preparation of various templates sent out to markets and lines of business
- Help to collate key data across the entire EMEA business using the principle EMEA reporting tool (Flash)
- The completion of the cause of change file (COC) quarterly, which requires the consolidation of variance explanations versus prior year; understanding variances and reaching out to finance leads as needed for further information
- Helping to produce ad hoc reporting summaries/projects as necessary, and as requested by senior management
- Assisting the team with franchise management, including various ad hoc requests and updating franchise reporting tools such as ‘The Franchise Dashboard’
- Ad hoc analysis as required by the senior finance manager
- Familiar with Microsoft Office - Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly, particularly with new systems such as SAP and Flash
- Team working
- Positive team attitude
- Communicates Effectively
- Attention to detail
- Problem Solving
Must be studying towards a Finance or other relevant degree
Applicants must be returning to University in September 2020 for their 4th and final degree year
This is a 12-month internship to start in September 2019.
Applicants must have the existing legal right to work in the UK, and have just finished their second year of a relevant undergraduate degree.